TO KNOW CHRIST | TO SHOW CHRIST | TO SERVE CHRIST
Welcome to the Park!
Centennial Park Baptist Church has been a part of the Grimsby community since 1876 as an active, people oriented, Bible-believing church. It is a member of the Niagara-Hamilton Association of Baptist Churches which is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. Goals include teaching, encouraging, discipling and assisting one another. This church aims to promote Christian fellowship, service and growth, all in accordance with the teachings of God's Word, the Bible.
Whatever your age, interest or needs, or whether you are single, a parent or a young person, there is an activity and a group of friendly people who will make you feel welcome.
This church exists to enable everyone to "Know Christ, to Show Christ, and to Serve Christ". The commitment of the Centennial Park Baptist Church family is to boldly reach out in love to our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the opening statement of the Vision for this body of believers and it expresses our commitment to God the Father, in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Whether you are a neighbour or just visiting the area, we extend a friendly welcome to worship and meet with us.
This church believes in:
- The being and unity of God.
- The existence of three equal persons in the Godhead.
- The Divine inspiration of the Scriptures.
- The need of every human being for Salvation through Jesus Christ.
- The Divinity of Christ and the all sufficiency of His atonement.
- The justification by faith alone in righteousness of Christ.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in conversion and sanctification.
- The perseverance of the saints.
- The second and glorious appearance of our Lord and Saviour.
- The resurrection of the dead.
- The punishment of the wicked and the blessedness of the righteous.
- The baptism by immersion of believers in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord's Supper in accordance with His command.
- The Church as a company of baptized believers voluntarily associated for mutual edification and sympathy.
- The maintenance and propagation of these doctrines and especially the spreading of the Gospel of Christ in all lands.
- The assembling of the first day of the week for the ministry of the Word and the observance of the Christian ordinances.
- The Word of God as a sufficient rule of faith and practice.
- The observance of the first day of the week as a day of rest and worship.
- Rev. Barry Jones: Senior Pastor
- Jonathan Polowick: Director of Child and Youth Ministries
- June Spencer: Secretary
- Bruce Taylor: Custodian
Partners in MinistryThis is a list of ministries that Centennial Park Baptist Church supports through various means.
- Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
- Niagara-Hamilton Association
- Canadian Baptist Ministries - Sharing Way
- Baptist Women
- Gospel for Asia Canada
- Grimsby Life Centre
- The Navigators of Canada
- Samaritans Purse
- 30 Hour Famine - World Vision
- Teen Challenge
- International Teams
- Christian Horizons
- Faith's Orphans Fund
- Grimsby Benevolent Fund
- Matthew House